- This event has passed.
Art of Change 2022
Join us on August 6 for an evening of art, conversation, food – and revolution!
SFAI is excited to bring back Art of Change, a dynamic evening celebrating catalytic artists. We are thrilled to welcome artist and SFAI alumnus Dread Scott for a community dinner in our beautiful gallery.
This fundraising event supports SFAI’s international residency program and launch of our stipend for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) creative practitioners! By purchasing a ticket to Art of Change, you fund an artist’s essential needs such as housing, studio supplies, and food — as well as our monthly artist talks, exhibitions, and our signature community event SFAI140.
Tickets are $250/person, $1400 for package of 6 tickets. All proceeds support SFAI’s international residency program.
Proof of vaccination required
Tickets are no longer available for this event.
August 6, 2022
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Santa Fe Art Institute + Google Map
1600 St Michaels Drive, Building #31
Santa Fe, NM 87505 United States
Dread Scott is an interdisciplinary artist whose art encourages viewers to re-examine ideals of American society. In 1989, the US Senate outlawed his artwork and President Bush declared it “disgraceful” because of its transgressive use of the American flag. His work has been exhibited at The Whitney Museum, MoMA/PS1, The Walker Art Center, in galleries and on street corners. He is a 2021 John Simon Guggenheim Fellow and has also received fellowships form Open Society Foundations and United States Artists. Artnet.com highlighted his 2019 performance, Slave Rebellion Reenactment, as one of the most important artworks of the decade. Dread will talk about his revolutionary art that is rooted in themes including, but not limited to, American identity and patriotism, the continuum connecting the Civil Rights movement to contemporary Black Lives Matter, and imagining a world free of oppression and exploitation.
Learn more about his work here.
Show your support to the local, national, and international SFAI residents, and get unique perks, including weekend stays at SFAI!
Your support can make a lasting impression by providing an annual sponsorship for resident rooms and studios, the SFAI community gallery, and the beloved courtyard and lounge. Naming opportunities are limited so secure your place before Art of Change on August 6, 2022.
All sponsorships can be shared. Two or more people could sponsor a studio or the community gallery, for example. Corporate sponsorships are also possible! Contact us for more information.
Available Naming Opportunities for 2023:
Sponsor one of the 12 SFAI Residences for $1000
- You will be the 2023 Sponsor for that room, with your name on the door.
- Invite up to 4 friends to stay at SFAI for a weekend and receive a discount to next year’s Art of Change!
Sponsor a Studio for $2,500 each (3 total)
- You will be the 2023 Sponsor for that studio, with your name on the door.
- Invite up to 8 friends to stay at SFAI for a weekend and receive a discount to next year’s Art of Change!
Sponsor the Community Gallery for $5,000 (1 total)
- You will be the 2023 Sponsor for the community gallery, with your name on the door.
- Invite up to 10 friends to stay at SFAI for a weekend and receive a discount to next year’s Art of Change!
Sponsor the Courtyard/Kitchen for $7,500 (1 total)
- You will be the 2023 Sponsor for the courtyard and kitchen/lounge, with your name on the door.
- Invite up to 10 friends to stay at SFAI for a weekend, host a party for up to 50 people, and receive a discount to next year’s Art of Change!
- This sponsorship would be a great opportunity for a corporate retreat, a holiday party or a family reunion, and can also be shared by more than one person or business.