Volunteer for Art of Change!
Get involved. Donate your time. Become a SFAI Volunteer!
SFAI is currently look for volunteers for our upcoming Art of Change event on September 6.
The Art of Change / Friday, September 6
A night of film, music, and art celebrating catalytic artists that change the world.
Join us on September 6 for a provocative evening featuring music, art, conversation, and film! The evening will feature a pre-release film screening of the new Prince documentary, Mr. Nelson: On the North Side, and will cap with a performance by Belling the Cat of Santa Fe, who recorded the film’s soundtrack, featuring prominent musicians Brian Hardgroove, Jono Manson, John Kurzweg, and Stephen Peace.
Mr. Nelson: On the North Side is the story never before told. In a mixed-race neighborhood during the Civil Rights movement, Prince found security, musical opportunities and encouragement at a local community center called The Way. This influence, coupled with the culture and music of the era, gave Prince his passion for music and performance.
To learn more about this event, visit sfai.org/events/aoc.
• SFAI mug
• Separate screening of Mr. Nelson: On the North Side
• Online acknowledgment
• Opportunity to engage with local and international SFAI residents and fellows and special event guests
To volunteer for the Art of Change, please complete our online application below. We will follow-up with you once your application is received regarding additional details. If you have any further questions about volunteering, you may send inquiries to Kourtney Andar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SFAI accepts applications for interns on an ongoing basis that follows the academic calendar. This non-compensatory, part-time internship is appropriate for students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies, with area of focus in arts and humanities, design, writing, communications, marketing, or business development.
As an intern, you will get an overview on the inner workings of a non-profit arts organization. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to engage with local, national, and international residents and fellows at SFAI. We seek internships with students at institutions where academic credit can be arranged with host university.
Interns will gain knowledge in the following areas:
SFAI Residency and Fellowship Program
• Develop archival skills by taking / transcribing notes during our monthly Resident Showcase for institutional archives and maintaining SFAI Image/Alumni Archives
• Practice research skills by assisting the Residency Program Manager with researching and updating content for Thematic Residency Reading / Resource List
• Gain studio experience by providing artists-in-residence and Story Maps Fellows studio support
SFAI Public Events
SFAI Intern will gain first-hand experience with implementing a public event by participating in the following:
• Support SFAI staff with set up / clean up of special events (chairs and tables, AV equipment, refreshments, check-in table, install/de-install artwork, exhibition labels, patch/paint walls)
• Provide logistical support to staff members during events (check in attendees, ushering attendees to seats, etc.)
SFAI Communications and Administration
• Expand on existing social media knowledge by assisting the Design and Communications Manager with collecting content for our social media outlets (Twitter, IG, Facebook)
• Develop administrative skills by helping to manage our donor database
Skills and Qualifications
We seek a passionate, independent and responsible individual to join us. The following are some key skills and qualifications that we look for in a candidate:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and social media platforms
• Experience with digital photography, and/or video, and/or audio recording
• Experience with hand and power tools to assist with work around the gallery/SFAI
• Valid US driver license
Please complete our online application below. Be sure to include a letter of interest and a resume as a pdf attachment in your application. Interested candidates with further questions about our internships may send inquiries to Nuttaphol Ma, SFAI Alumni Fellow, at email@example.com.
Deadlines for Application
Jun 30 for Fall Term (Sep-Nov)
Nov 30 for Spring Term (Jan-Mar)
Mar 30 for Summer Term (Jun-Jul)