Position starts mid-July… could *you* be the one?
The Santa Fe Art Institute (SFAI) explores the interconnections of contemporary art and society through artist and writer residencies, public lectures and workshops, exhibitions, and educational outreach. SFAI awards over 60 residencies per year and welcomes critically acclaimed artist-lecturers and visitors. The Night Resident will live at the Santa Fe Art Institute and provide on-site/off-hours support for artists in residence, visiting artists and Santa Fe Art Institute staff. The NR will have the opportunity to meet and interact with some of the most influential and exciting visual artists, writers, and scholars from all over the world.
The primary responsibility of the Night Resident is to be the after hours on-site and on-call point person for residents and visiting artists at SFAI. Responsibilities will equal approximately 10 weekly hours, with some additional hours during special events. Specific duties include:
- Serve as the primary resource for resident artists and visiting artists in the absence of Resident Director and after office hours and weekends. Office hours are from 9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Answer questions, troubleshoot and manage resident emergencies.
- Meet and orient residents and visiting artists arriving to SFAI after office hours (only when necessary)
- Weekly grocery shopping trips to re-stock supplies
- Assist with A/V equipment for monthly Visiting Artist Lecture
- Assist with minor cleaning and repairs
- Assist SFAI staff during all monthly and special events
- Strong interest in contemporary art and literature
- Current US driver’s license that is in good standing
- Ability to meet and interact with new people on an ongoing basis
- Well organized and responsible
- Audio/visual equipment experience very helpful
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in an arts related field preferred
The Night Resident will receive remuneration in the form of free lodging (room and private bathroom), basic breakfast foods, access to on-site laundry facility, and work-related access of SFAI vehicles. The Night Resident will also receive one free visiting artist workshop and access to College of Santa Fe facilities such as the library and gym to the extent they are available. The NR contract is for one year. The contract is renewable after one year upon review.
Interested applicants should email a current resume w/cover letter and the names and contact information of two professional references to Residency Director, Michelle Laflamme-Childs at firstname.lastname@example.org.