The Santa Fe Art Institute is proud to announce that it has been awarded the 2009 Mayor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts for outstanding contributions in the area of contemporary arts.
The Mayor’s Recognition Awards for Excellence in the Arts were started in 1989 as a means of acknowledging living individuals, organizations and corporations that have made outstanding contributions to the arts in Santa Fe. Annually, the City seeks nominations of individuals or organizations by the public. A dinner held in late October or early November is an opportunity for the Mayor, the City, and the community to honor the individuals and organizations selected to receive the award that year.
A special selection committee consisting of City of Santa Fe Arts Commissioners and past recipients recommends up to seven outstanding nominees to the Mayor for consideration. Recipients of the Mayor’s Recognition Awards are selected based on the quality of their artistic endeavors and their sustained commitment to the arts in Santa Fe.
The Santa Fe Art Institute is pleased and honored to be counted among the other talented and esteemed recipients of the 2009 Mayor’s Awards:
• The Santa Fe Art Institute for outstanding contributions in the area of contemporary arts.
• Chrissie Orr for her many years of dedicated service in the community arts arena.
• Elias Rivera for his extraordinary talent and contributions to the visual arts.
• Mara and Charles Robinson for their ongoing philanthropic work in the arts.
• Ellen Zieselman her devotion to enriching the lives of Santa Feans through arts education
• Sarah Livingston won the Melissa Engestrom Youth Artist Award for outstanding dedication as a youth artist
Mayor David Coss, the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission, and community members will honor this year’s recipients at the Annual Mayor’s Recognition Awards for Excellence in the Arts Dinner on Thursday, October 29, 2009 beginning at 6:30 PM in the Sweeney Ballroom at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center, 201 West Marcy, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
This year’s dinner will be prepared by Chef James Campbell Caruso of La Boca Restaurant, with an emphasis on locally produced foods. Entertainment will be provided by the Nacha Mendez Trio.
The public is encouraged to attend. Tickets are $55 per person, with tables of ten available for $550. Reservations are required by October 21, 2009. Call 505-955-6707 or email the Arts Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.